Conrad McRae Youth League Saturday

The final weekend the Conrad McRae Youth League's regular season got underway on Saturday and featured two games.
The first game was between Christ the King and Bishop Ford and the second game featured players from South Shore versus players from Wings Academy. Ironically, both games never reached completion but for different reasons.
Bishop Ford gets a Severe beating from CTK, 81-58
In the opening contest, both teams were short handed. Christ the King, with only five players, was in search of their first tournament win and the opportunity to become one step closer to making the playoffs. Rising junior Jon Severe would put CTK up early but Daquan Youngblood would quickly counter for Bishop Ford to tie the game at six.
Ford, who came to the battle only six guards deep, would begin to succumb to Christ the King strength. The Middle Village School's more traditional line-up of rising junior forward Jordan Fuchs, PG Isaiah Cosgrove and 6'10" rising sophomore center Adonis Delarosa would give them a 9 point advantage going into the second quarter.
By halftime, Bishop Ford's deficit grew to 41-19 as Severe made multiple over-emphatic dunks to the delight of the crowd but to the dismay of the tournament organizers.
Taking a 23 point lead into the fourth quarter, the referees decided to implement the mercey rule as Bishop Ford was unable to make a dent in Christ the King's lead.
Fuchs led CTK with 27 points followed by Severe with 25 points.
Shore Shore shatters Wings, 60-49
The closer of the evening turned out to be a highly competitive match that ended with a bang, literally. Wings took an early 14-8 lead as combo guard Justin Jenkins and Steven Gomez scored in transition. Rising senior forward Wayne Martin imposed his will in the paint late but South Shore still found themselves down by 3 points going into the second quarter.
PG Terrence Samuel (4 points) asserted himself offensively, giving South Shore their first lead at the top of the quarter. Jenkins would once again propel Wings back into the mix but Shamiek Sheppard carried South Shore late giving them a 27-26 haftime lead.
Jenkins showed his diversity in the third quarter, scoring with drives to the basket as well with long range perimeter shots. Back-to-back and-1's by the rising senior guard would frustrate South Shore as the tempers escalated. After a tech on South Shore assistant coach Shawn Mark, the Brooklyn squad would relinquish their lead as the final quarter began.
Down 42-39, Martin and Sheppard would begin to dominate the offensive boards and score inside. Wings was resilient and would tie the game once more at 48.
South Shore regained the lead with 2:50 left in regulation and seconds later was ahead by 5 points. Wings would not get the opportunity to comeback. With 1:05 on the clock, Sheppard would slam dunk the ball and hang on the rim, causing it to shatter. As a result, the game had to be stopped and the win awarded to South Shore.
Sheppard led South Shore with 22 points followed by Martin with 17 points. Jenkins scored a game high 34 points for Wings.
Anton Machand, co-Director of the Conrad McRae League said, "I've told them to stop hanging on the rims."
Perhaps, the overly dramatic dunks throughout the evening should have been addressed earlier with technical fouls.
Click Here to view this Link.